“I’m so busy with more important things, I literally forget to eat sometimes.”
from "crazy around food" to...
“I can eat any food I want—even for (gasp!) emotional comfort—without spinning ‘out of control.’”
“I fricken LOVE my body and my sex life is crazy; there is no position I won’t try with the lights on.”
“Food just isn’t a big deal anymore. I don’t really think about it unless I’m hungry…or grocery shopping.”
education (including a library of exclusive lectures, coaching call
recordings, and recommended resources) with live group coaching over
the phone to help you achieve sanity around food and weight.
WHAT THE HELL DOES "NORMAL" EATING EVEN MEAN? HOW TO MAKE DECISIONS WITH YOUR BODY INSTEAD OF YOUR BRAIN.
- Why relinquishing control eradicates binge-eating and how you can make practical use of this information to stop rummaging through your cabinets gasping for food.
- How to make decisions around food without “rules,” “control,” or a diet to follow (e.g. how to make “healthful” choices around food without obsessing or thinking too much).
- What people mean when they say “listen to your body”—clear direction for those of us who “just don’t get it.”
- Common intuitive eating pitfalls and how to avoid them…for those of us who have “tried and failed” intuitive eating in the past (this was me for a very long time, so really, I get it).
- The subtle difference between “intuitive eating” and “normal eating.” HINT: the difference between them is mainly psychological and often the missing link in developing a healthy relationship with food.
EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT "PURE" EMOTIONAL EATING - A RADICAL PERSPECTIVE.
- The difference between “sitting on your hands trying not to eat,” and “I totally forgot about those cookies in the cupboard.” Or the difference between the “Don’t-Eat-Emotionally Diet” and food actually losing its power.
- Why resisting emotional eating often leads to more emotional eating, and how to handle this paradoxical situation.
- How to deal with underlying drivers of emotional eating without falling back into diet-mentality— that is, three core strategies that won’t lead to rebound.
- The “real addiction” that emotional eating almost always presupposes…and how to let it go.
- Some alternative perspectives on emotional eating that will blow your head out of the water. HINT: our beliefs about our behaviors often keep us stuck in the cycle.
EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT BINGE-EATING (AND HOW TO END THE CYCLE).
- Why people keep binge-eating after they’ve “stopped dieting.” Ending traditional diets is NOT the only solution here…you have to make a psychological shift.
- The primary emotions that cause binge-eating, and how to deal with them. HINT: NOT the same as emotional eating…we’re talkin’ about diet mentality here.
- Why emotional eating turns into binge-eating for women with diet histories (and how to avoid this pitfall).
- How to manage food allergies, medical considerations, and other “health” choices within the context of the non-diet approach.
- How to RECOVER from a really bad binge. HINT: “getting back on the horse” (i.e. back on the diet) will probably backfire. Let’s try something else…
- Why body-image work is REQUIRED for healing binge-eating (and is the difference between those who “get it” and who don’t).
MYTHS AND TRUTHS ABOUT WEIGHT CONTROL (REQUIRED FOUNDATIONS FOR SERIOUS BODY IMAGE WORK)
- Why changing your relationship with your body is the ONLY way to change your relationship with food permanently. There is NO relief from food obsession without body image work. Period.
- How to find your “natural weight” (i.e. the weight your body wants to be and will easily be able to maintain without dieting). We’re talking about Weight Set Point Theory and its practical implications for ending the diet-binge cycle.
- How to emotionally separate weight from health; whether you currently struggle with a weight-related illness or unhealthfully obsess about making “healthy choices,” mentally compartmentalizing health and weight is critical in overcoming the crazy-around-food.
- Overcoming objections to body image work. Many of you will resist earnest attempts at body image work because you hold conscious or subconscious objections to the work (e.g. reasons you “should” hate your body or cannot practice body acceptance). Overcoming these objections is where the work really starts—and a few key insights will challenge everything you think you know about weight control, so get ready.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RELEASING BODY-SHAME (AND MAYBE EVEN LEARNING TO LIKE YOUR BODY?)
- How poor body image and weight obsession is a defense mechanism you’ve been trained into practically since birth and how identifying this psychological pattern will help you break free of it.
- The difference between “body love” and “body acceptance” and how to develop skills in each.
- Why a desire for control—in various areas of life—is at the bottom of this ENTIRE PROBLEM, and how specific underlying emotions almost always trigger poor body image. It’s time to face the specific fears that underlie your obsession with thinness…and work through them to other side.
- “Practical” ways to start seeing your body differently (and a deep-dive into the only scientifically proven way to change a person’s body image).
DEALING WITH THE REAL ISSUES — HOW TO KEEP YOUR COOL IN A WORLD WHERE BODIES ARE CONSTANTLY BEING PICKED APART.
- Truthbomb? You’re not crazy; you didn’t make this shit up; people really DO judge each other on the basis of size and it’s really fucked up. So, let’s talk about it! One of the reasons traditional “body-love” programs don’t work is that they’re not discussing the pink elephant in the room: weight discrimination. A critical topic for thin, medium, and larger body types alike.
- We’re gonna talk about healthful, non-crazy-making ways to deal with people who constantly make you feel like you need to be on a diet or no one will love you (i.e. practical ways of dealing with body-shame triggers in the media, at work, or with family and friends).
- How to date (or feel good naked) in a land where we’re constantly being asked to compete with the thin ideal—a topic for both single and taken ladies alike.
- Why standing up for other women is a secret weapon in developing our own sanity around food—we are what we stand for, both in action and spirit.
I've also asked these leading experts to share their
perspectives so you can get the most
well-rounded education possible.
Andrea is a master life coach who makes “no apologies for who she is.” A Daring Way® facilitator via Brene Brown, she’ll be helping you relinquish the “S” word — shame — once and for all.
A specialist in helping those with ‘weight-related’ illnesses make peace with food, Julie will be talking about critical mindset shifts when managing illnesses like diabetes, PCOS, and more.
A body politics activist, Virgie understands the social issues involved with weight better than anyone I know, and will change your perspective on “fat issues” forever.
A pioneer of “Intuitive Movement,” Robyn helps women heal their relationship with exercise—a critical piece for those struggling to incorporate movement into the non-diet approach.
Creator of the “Body Confidence Makeover,” Summer is one of the few body images coaches out there that I fully trust. She’ll be offering specific mindset techniques for changing your relationship with the body you’re in today.
A psychologist specializing in food issues and sexuality, Deb is one of the founders of the Health at Every Size® approach, discussing the critical role of stigma-resistance in our relationship with food.
The Six Core Modules described above will be delivered through a full curriculum of recorded lectures and resources that will guide you towards healing your relationship with food. Lectures will be delivered by me (Isabel) with special guests covering bonus topics. All lectures can be streamed or downloaded to your computer, tablet or mobile device and listened to at any time.
You can ask me your unique questions during weekly group coaching sessions over the phone. This is a safe space for you to be personally “laser-coached” by me and see how lectures and theory translate to “real-life” situations. Additionally, your deepest learning in this program will take place while listening to other clients being coached. Participation in live coaching is optional, but listening to calls (or call recordings for your convenience) is critical to deeper understanding of this work.
All program materials will be released on an online members site that is password protected for Master Class clients exclusively. The Member’s Area will house all module lectures and assignments, recordings of group coaching calls, and a library of suggested resources to review throughout the program and beyond. The Members Area houses hundreds of hours of coaching calls for your review, so you can go as deep into this work as you like at your own pace.
Immersing ourselves in communities that promote body-positive values, perspectives and ideas can be hugely powerful in changing the way we think. In addition to sharing with each other on coaching calls, clients will gain access to a private Body-Positive Facebook Group (that will be released along with Module 5), for continued support amongst other women who “get it.”
Overcoming the diet-binge cycle—and decades of diet-mentality-brainwashing—is a process. It’s not enough just to “intellectually understand” the material…real change happens when you live it, feel it, experience it. That’s why I offer all Master Class Alumnae nine months (!) of live monthly coaching calls after your program is complete—so you can check in with me personally for a full year into your healing process…and secure your ongoing success.
YOU NEED TO GET STARTED (including login information for the Stop Fighting Food
Members Area + instructions for moving through class materials)
SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.
What is the time commitment?
I would anticipate spending roughly 3 hours per week listening to audio lectures and coaching calls and referencing occasional reading material. All calls and lectures can be accessed through the Online Member’s Area at anytime, including on mobile devices.
Additionally, there are hundreds of hours worth of coaching calls to review in the Members Area at your leisure. You’re welcome to review as much or as little as you like beyond the core teachings of the class, and you’ll have access to the Members Area for at least a year after your program is complete, so you can revisit the material as needed.
Please note: that core module lectures can be downloaded to any hardware device, while coaching calls will be “stream-only” for additional privacy protection.
What if I have medical restrictions around food?
This program does not condemn nor prescribe any particular foods or food choices. Our focus will be healing your mental and emotional relationship with food—so that you can make empowered health choices for yourself without the disruptive influence of diet mentality.
If you have specific dietary requirements that have been prescribed by a health professional, this program will not interfere.
What if I have an eating disorder?
This program is NOT a substitute for clinical treatment of eating disorders or any mental or physical illnesses. If you are clinically underweight, are purging (e.g. vomiting, using laxatives, etc.), using controlled or illicit substances without the supervision of a doctor, or are in anyway concerned for your physical safety, I urge you to call a licensed mental health professional or physician as soon as possible.
If you’re currently taking medications that interfere with appetite regulation, or have questions about whether or not this program is right for you given your medical history, please email email@example.com so we can discuss your unique situation in more depth.
Please note: the practice of Intuitive Eating is not always appropriate for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders. If you have ever been diagnosed with an eating disorder, please email us with more details about your situation so we can make sure you’re in the right place before getting started.
When are the coaching calls?
I’ll be available for live Q&A with clients every Tuesday at 1pm ET, and at least one Saturday per month at 1pm ET. Feel free to call in at any of those times throughout this 12-week program to ask me your personal questions.
Additionally, after your initial program is complete, you’ll be invited to participate in nine monthly Alumnae Coaching Calls, where you can continue to ask me questions as needed. Alumnae Call times will vary from month-to-month, to satisfy the widest variety of scheduling needs.
Please note: If you can’t make the calls live—don’t worry—all calls will be recorded so you can catch the Q&As when your schedule allows. I can’t say this enough—what’s most important is that you listen to call recordings and absorb as much information from the recordings as you can.
What if I'm out of the country?
Many of you will be joining us from all over the world, and that’s AWESOME! This program can be done from anywhere with an internet connection, and we encourage international clients to call into coaching calls via Skype whenever you are able. Additionally, all group coaching calls will be recorded in case you miss one or prefer to listen to them at an alternative time. Listening to call recordings can be equally as effective in learning this material as calling in live, so do enjoy the recordings on your own time if attending live calls is not possible.
What if I'm not sure this is right for me?
If you’re not sure the program is right for you for any reason, you’re welcome to try out the program for 7 days risk-free. All withdrawals requested within 7 days of your enrollment will be honored with a full refund.
That being said, I encourage you to listen to at least one suggested coaching call before making your decision, so you can get a clear sense of my coaching style and the work you’ll be embarking on as you move through this process.
If you have any specific concerns, questions, or would like to discuss your unique situation with my team in more depth before enrolling, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to reply with additional information via email.
I also highly recommend checking out the client stories page to best determine in advance that you’re in the right place.